Central Information Commission
Room No.296, II Floor, B Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi 110066
Telefax:01126180532 & 01126107254 websitecic.gov.in
Appeal: No. CIC/LS/A/2010/001095DS
Appellant /Complainant: Smt. Gita Dewan Verma, New Delhi
Public Authority: Delhi Development Authority, N. Delhi
(Shri R.S. Chahar, CPIO)
Date of Hearing: 17/02/2011
Date of Decision: 17/02/2011
1. RTI application dated 15 January 2010 was submitted by the appellant before the CPIO, DDA, New Delhi vide which information pertaining to number of parks that are with the MCD on terms and conditions agreed under section 36 of the DD Act, the particulars of the DDA developed parks, details of previous PPP projects/schemes of DDA and/or MCD for maintaining parks along with opportunity of inspection of the relevant files – enclosed herewith as Annexure A
2. The CPIO, vide his order dated 18 March 2010 provided information as available with the horticulture Department of the DDA which failed to satisfy the appellant who preferred appeal dated 10 March 2010 before the first appellate authority. Vide FAA order dated 12 April 2010 the matter was adjudicated upon by upholding the order of the CPIO.
3. The appellant came before the Commission in second appeal against the above orders. The matter was heard today. Both parties were present as above. Appellant stated that following action taken by the respondent to asked MCD to provide the appellant with the relevant information, she had received information from them. She further submitted that she had passed on this information to the first appellate authority with a request that the office of the Chief engineer (headquarters) could, based on the information provided by MCD, furnish the complete and full information as sought by her in her RTI application. Respondent submitted that they would be in a position to provide information to the appellant based on inputs received from the MCD and sought additional time to furnish the same.
4. After hearing both parties the Commission directs respondent to provide full and complete information to the appellant within eight weeks of receipt of the order.
Authenticated true copy:
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu)
Information Commissioner (DS)
(T. K. Mohapatra)
Under Secretary & Dy. Registrar
Tel No. 01126105027
- Smt. Gita Diwan Verma
1356/D1, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi 110070
- The Central Public Information Officer Delhi Development Authority
O/o Director (HORT), South East, Director (Land scape & Horticulture)
15th Floor, Vikas Minar,
New Delhi 110002.
- The Appellate Authority Delhi Development Authority
Chief Engineer (HQ), EM’S Office,
E3, Ground Floor, Vikas Sadan,
New Delhi 23.