Central Information Commission
|No.CIC/OK/A/2007/00646 Dated: 16 October 2007|
|Name of the Complainant:||Ms. Gita Dewan Verma, 1356, D-1 Vasant Kung, New Delhi – 110 070.|
|Name of the Public Authority:||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited|
Ms. Gita Dewan Verma of New Delhi filed an RTI-application with the Public Information Officer, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, on 22 February 2007, seeking the current list of property development projects undertaken by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, with the date of the start of project preparation/processing and completion of construction alongwith the names of the projects with contract particulars of firms, etc.
- The PIO vide his letter dated 23 March 2007 replied to her RTI- application. Not satisfied with the reply of the PIO, the Complainant filed an appeal with the first Appellate Authority on 26 March 2007 and thereafter approached the Central Information Commission with a second appeal on 28 March 2007.
- The bench of Dr. O.P. Kejariwal, Information Commissioner, heard the matter on 8 October 2007.
- Shri N.P. Singh, GM/Legal, Shri Anuj Dayal, PIO, Shri S. Chakraborty, APIO and Shri A.S. Rao, SO/Legal, represented the Respondents.
- The Complainant, Ms. Gita Dewan Verma, was present in person.
- The Commission heard both the sides and noted that although the Respondents had supplied the information on all the five issues raised by the Complainant, it seemed that because of a communication gap, the replies did not seem comprehensive to the Complainant. Under the circumstances, the Commission directs the Complainant to point-wise specify the lacunae that she finds in the reply of the Respondents. The Respondents will get 15 working days to reply to the queries of the Complainant. In case the Complainant is still dissatisfied with the reply, she can approach the Commission again but after pointing out, again, the specific lacunae that she finds in the reply.
- However, the case will be treated as finally closed if there is no communication received from the Complainant by 31 October 2007.
- The case is thus disposed of.
Sd/- (O.P. Kejariwal)
Authenticated true copy: Sd/-
- Ms. Gita Dewan Verma, 1356 D-I Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Shri Anuj Dayal, CPRO & Public Information Officer, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, NBCC Place, Bhishma Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-110003
- The Appellate Authority, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, NBCC Place, Bhishma Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-110003
- Officer Incharge, NICPress E Group, CIC