Central Information Commission
|No.CIC/OK/C/2006/00193 Dated: 21 February 2007|
|Name of the Complainant:||Shri Indrajit Singh, |
H. No. 20, New Tata Nagar,
Nangal Dairy, Old Gurgaon Road,
New Delhi – 110 037.
|Name of the Public Authority:||Airport Authority of India|
Shri Indrajit Singh of New Delhi had filed an application with the PIO, Airport Authority of India, on 12 October 2006, for seeking the following:
- copy of the report of the survey conducted by the AAI through the Agricultural Financial Corporation (AFC);
- information about AAI’s resettlement schemes with reference to old boards put by it;
- Detailed information about land for resettlement from Nangal Dewat and Nangal Dairy;
- How many have been resettled on the 713 bigha 2 biswa land acquired in Malakpur Kohi and how much of that land is remaining? Copies of detailed information of party to whom the land had been given.
- The PIO vide his letter dated 13 October 2006 acknowledged the application of the Complainant and stated that the information would be furnished within the stipulated period.
- Not getting any information within the stipulated period of 30 days, Shri Indrajit Singh filed a complaint with the Central information Commission on 16 November 2006.
- The case was fixed for hearing on 7 February 2007.
- The bench of Dr. O.P. Kejariwal, Information Commissioner, heard the matter.
- Shri T. Premnath, PIO, Shri Arun Sharma and Shri Rajiv Duggal of Airport Authority of India, represented the Respondents.
- The Appellant, Shri Indrajit Singh, was represented by Ms. Gita Dewan Verma.
- The Commission heard both the parties. It was stated by the Respondents that in response to the RTI application of 11 October 2006 by the Appellant, they sent a reply on 3 January 2007. Even this reply, however, did not reach the Appellant primarily because the house of the Appellant had been demolished and he could not communicate his new address to the Airport Authority of India.
- The Commission hereby decides to issue a show cause notice to the PIO as to why a penalty of Rs.250/- per day after the stipulated period of 30days of the RTI application not be imposed on him for his failure to furnish the information to the Appellant.
- Since the reply has not reached the Appellant, the Respondents are directed to give a photocopy of the reply to the Appellant. He is free to approach the Commission again in case the reply is found unsatisfactory or inaccurate.
- The Commission ordered accordingly.
Authenticated true copy:
(Pankaj K.P. Shreyaskar)
|1.||Shri Indrajit Singh, H.No.20, New Tata Nagar, Nangal Dairy, Old Gurgaon Raod, New Delhi-110037|
|2.||Shri T. Premnath, GM (PR) & Public Information Officer, AAI, Corporate Headquarter, Room No. 331, 3rd Floor, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi- 110003|
|3.||Officer Incharge, NIC|
|4.||Press E Group, CIC|