Central Information Commission
No.CIC/OK/A/2007/00582 Dated: 28 August 2007
Name of the Appellant:
Ms. Gita Dewan Verma,1356, DI Vasant Kunj, New Delhi–110070.
Name of the Public Authority:
Delhi Development Authority
Ms. Gita Dewan Verma of New Delhi filed an RTI-application with the Public Information Officer, Delhi Development Authority on, 2 January 2007, seeking information about her previous letter dated 1 June 2006 wherein she wanted to know the disciplinary action taken by the DDA against its officials on the basis of a counter- affidavit filed in the Court.
2. The PIO vide his letter dated 17 January 2007 informed the Appellant that the Commissioner, Planning Department, had taken action against Smt. Archana Mahapatra, Joint Director (Planning), MPPR and Smt. Anju Aggarwal, Assistant Director (Planning) IV, MPPR, Planning Department, by issuing warnings to them for their negligence and slackness.
3. Not satisfied with the decision of the PIO, the Appellant filed an appeal with the first Appellate Authority on 29 January 2007 and thereafter approached the Central Information Commission with a second appeal on 19 March 2007.
4. The bench of Dr. O.P. Kejariwal, Information Commissioner, heard the matter on 20 August 2007.
5. Shri Ashok Kumar, Additional Commissioner, Shri P.V. Mahashabdey, Director, Smt. Pramila Bhargava, Commissioner and Shri Jagdish Chander, Director (Pers), represented the Respondents.
6. The Appellant, Ms. Gita Dewan Verma, was present in person.
7. The Commission heard both the sides. The case revolved around the Appellant’s objections to the proposal for land use change from District Park toresidential use in Tehkhand near Tughlakabad. The case subsequently went to Court. It was noticed that there was some irregularity in the whole affair and, therefore, action needed to be taken against DDA officials. Subsequently, as the Respondents maintained, the case was inquired into and warnings issued to two of the DDA officials.
8. During the hearing the Appellant, on the other hand, submitted that she had asked for details of disciplinary action which was required to be taken against the erring officials according to the DDA’s own regulations, and wanted to see for information the entire process of the investigation. The Commission accordingly orders the Respondents to open up the concerned files for the Appellant’s inspection at a time mutually convenient. This, however, should be done before 15 September 2007.
9. During the hearing, the Respondents clarified that the relevant records were with the Commissioner Planning, Shri A.K. Jain. The Commission directs the Commissioner (Pers), Smt. Pramila Bhargava, who attended the hearing today, to coordinate this process of getting the relevant papers.
10. The case is thus disposed of.
Authenticated true copy: Sd/-
- Ms. Gita Dewan Verma, 1356, D-I, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Shri M.C. Singhal, Director (Personnel) & PIO, Delhi Development Authority, B- 2/306, Vikas Sadan, INA, New Delhi-110023
- Mrs. Pramila H. Bhargava, Commissioner (Pers.) & Appellate Authority, Delhi Development Authority, B-Block, Gr. Floor, Vikas Sadan, INA, New Delhi-110023
- Shri A.K. Jain, Commissioner (Planning), Delhi Development Authority, Vikas Sadan, INA, New Delhi.
- Officer Incharge, NIC
- Press E Group, CIC