At present the Qutb Shahi Heritage Park lacks parking facilities for visitors. To facilitate the needs of vehicular parking for the Park, a parking area has been proposed along the main access road – with the assumption that Deccan Park will eventually be re-integrated with the heritage area which it was once a part of.
- Detailed parking design has been provided by AKTC to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
- The parking would cover over an area of 8000 square meters.
- This 230 meter long parking would house 10 Buses, 80 Cars and 100 Two- wheelers
- Separate entry and driveways have been designed for the buses, cars and two wheelers.
- The design has been evolved in a way to retain all the existing native trees on the site.
- GHMC has sanctioned an amount of 2, 00, 00,000 INR for the construction.
- The necessary working drawings, technical specifications have been finalized and the estimates have been provided to the GHMC for floating of tenders.
It is hoped GHMC will construct the parking in 2015.