06. Topographical Survey
In the absence of an existing site survey map, a topographical survey was commissioned at the onset.
- A brief topography was initially carried out for the site to have a basic idea of the terrain of the complex.
- Later upgraded to a detailed survey of the entire complex including the Deccan Park and the Idgah area.
- Location of structures, trees, pathways, level differences across 108 acre complex was mapped in detail.
07. Landscape Analysis
Landscape studies such as slope analysis, vegetation analysis, visitor circulation, prominent visual corridors were required in addition to archival research to help formulate the landscape master plan.
- A design brief for proposed landscape plan was developed from a close appraisal of the existing situation including:
- Site slopes and levels
- Drainage and water-bodies
- Access, movement and activity
- Existing monuments, their visual setting and relationship to the landscape
- The landscape master plan has been prepared taking into account the existing topographical, features as well as view corridors and an appropriate circulation system.