Ahmedabad - Rani Sipri's Mosk and Tomb

Photograph of Rani Sipri's Mosque, Ahmedabad, from James Burgess' 'Photographs of Architecture and Scenery in Gujarat and Rajputana' taken by Colin Murray in c.1872. Rani Sipri's Mosque is situated in the old city of Ahmedabad and was built in 1514. It is also known as Masjid-e-Nagira or Jewel of a Mosque, because of its elegant proportions and slender minarets. It is a small structure with a row of paired columns to the front. This is a view from the north-east looking towards the mosque, with part of the tomb visible in the left foreground.