Considering the photography as a tool, channel, support and a relevant object for the study of Art History, the Department of Heritage Studies from the Faculty of Arts from the University of Porto plans to open a course of study and dissemination on the subject entitled "Encounters with Photography." This first edition is dedicated to the Urban Body.
This conference will be held between April 15th and 16th, 2015 and has as main objectives:
- Reflect on issues and problems related to the state of the art and historiographical practices of photography;
- Launch the discussion on categorization, classifications, practices and techniques;
- Address new perspectives on the use of photography and image in the sciences;
- Push for inter- and multidisciplinary field of expression and photographic aesthetics.
We invite proposals for 15 minutes papers. Papers will be selected for publication by the conveners of the conference. Proposals can consider (without being limited to) the following themes:
- Scientific photography
- Topography and the photography of architecture
- The recording of memory
- Historiography and criticism of photography
- Photography, archive and museum
- Laboratory and technical practices
- Image and movement
Queries about the submission process and conference should be directed to: encontrosdefotografia[at]gmail.com