Get schooled on architecture, sustainability and development.
For aspiring theorists, designers, and grassroots urbanists, here are a few picks for a back-to-school courseload. Some are self-paced, some are archived, and some are starting this fall.
- A Global History of Architecture from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Quality of Life: Livability in Future Cities from ETH Zurich
- Reclaiming Broken Places: Introduction to Civic Ecology from Cornell University
- Vernacular Architecture of Asia: Tradition, Modernity and Cultural Sustainability from University of Hong Kong
- Urban Water: Innovations for Sustainability from University of British Columbia
- Social Work Practice: Advocating Social Justice and Change from University of Michigan
- Incarceration’s Witnesses from Hamilton College
- Sustainable Urban Development from Delft University of Technology & Wageningen University