The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action plan for city improvement.
The corporations of Hubballi-Dharwad, Mangaluru, Shivamogga and Tumakuru have invited request for proposals from interested project management consultants and have fixed January 6, 2017 as the last date for submitting the proposals.
According to sources in the Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development and Finance Corporation (KUIDFC) in Bengaluru, the nodal agency for the Smart City initiative, the cities will simultaneously work on constituting Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) for programme implementation.
- Redevelopment of 1,628 acres of Hampankatta-Old Port-Bunder-River front area
- To launch “One touch Mangaluru” app to provide city with 24x7 municipal services, security, transport operations
- Aquatic node: Boosting fishing, trade, recreation and transport connectivity besides beach development
- Strengthening multi-modal transport (from airport to railway station)
- Putting in place Non-Motorised Transport policy in non-vehicular zones
- Achieving ‘sense of space’ by developing public spaces and parks
- Introducing GPS, GIS for improving efficiency in source segregation of garbage
- Development of land stretches along the River Tunga passing through Shivamogga city (275 acres)
- Putting in place an Integrated Traffic and Transportation System
- Intelligence LED street lighting and surveillance
- Decongest city centre by expanding CBD around Tumakuru Amanikere lake
- CCTV camera surveillance across the city
- To set up integrated city management controlcentre to operate services like transport, water andenergy supply and emergency response