Grating competition wants to explore new ways of employing prefab iron modules produced for fences and gates. EMMEGI Spa is looking for a creative project that would open new scenarios on the use of its products.
The participation in the competition is free.
Each design has to employ one or more than one products available in the EMMEGI Spa catalogue that can be downloaded here.
We decided to not fix the scale of the design: any project from product design to building scale is eligible for consideration. For this reasons, there is no functional restriction, but the jury will evaluate the usability according to the project description.
The project should be adaptable to any context: dimension and formal solutions are up to the participant but should meet feasibility requirements. You can find further technical information in the catalogue.
- Paolo Montemurro, sole director of EMMEGI Spa
- Nicola Persico, plant manager of EMMEGI Spa
- Karl Daubmann, AIA, FAAR, Dean at College of Architecture and Design, Lawrence Technological University, Detroit
- John Gatip, Architect/Artist based in Melbourne
- Domenico Pastore, Architect and founder at (dp)ª STUDIO, Bari
- Anna Bruna Menghini, Associate professor at Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Politecnico di Bari, Bari
- Francesco Savino, Structural engineer, Associate at Studio Tecnico C.N.C., Bari
- James C. Stevens, AIA, Associate Professor at Department of Architecture and makeLab Director, Lawrence Technological University, Detroit
- 1st place 1000€ + presentation of the project to the head office of the company + visibility on the web page
- 2nd place 500€ + presentation of the project to the head office of the company + visibility on the web page
- Two honourable mentions + visibility on the web page.
In case the winner will not be able to assist to the presentation, a skype connection will be arranged.
- Technical quality of the project and feasibility in its construction (60pts)
- Innovation and relevance of the proposal (20pts)
- Aesthetic quality of the overall project (20pts)