CEPT University invites applications from professionals to offer new Studio Units in the UG & PG programs in Architecture, Urban Design and Interior Design for Spring Semester 2019.
Since its inception, CEPT has functioned as a collaborative of practicing professionals and full-time academics. To strengthen the quality of teaching and learning and to better engage practicing professionals as studio tutors, CEPT has restructured the way studios are conducted. Alongside the tutors currently teaching at CEPT, the University would also like to engage with a fresh pool of studio tutors.
Learning at CEPT is focused on increasing choices for students and teachers. Studios will be based on problems that tutors would like to teach, and students choose the studios they would like to register for. The problem tutors select for their unit must be in the area in which they have experience, expertise and deep interest.
CEPT intends to widen the type of problems taken up in studios, so they need not be limited to traditional building design problems and maybe more exploratory in nature.
Key improvements to studio-based learning:
- Studio units are at the heart of the curriculum and students are expected to spend 60-70% of their time towards the problem assigned in studio.
- Each studio unit comprises 12-16 students, a studio tutor or a self-selected pair of studio tutors along with a teaching assistant.
- Of the total 16 weeks of teaching conducted during the semester, courses and electives will only run for the first 12 weeks. Last four weeks would be dedicated for studio teaching.
- An additional 2 weeks are set aside for juries & exhibition after completion of teaching period.
- Tutors will be expected to spend between 9 – 15 hours per week during the first 12 weeks and 12 – 18 hours per week during the last 6 weeks.
- Every unit will have a self-selected teaching assistant who will spend approximately 20 hours per week for the full semester.
- Studio problems must be structured as a weekly calendar of exercises undertaken by students. They will be focused on developing skills and abilities of students while allowing structured explorations.
- Units will be repeated either each semester OR every alternate semester to build on their learnings and create a body of work which can be published as a book / monograph.
Studio tutors will have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in their respective fields (Architecture / Urban Design / Interior Design). They will have a commitment to teaching and will bring the highest level of professionalism and integrity to their teaching at CEPT.
Tutors will be remunerated as per CEPT University norms. Appointment will be for an initial period until June 2019 and may be extended up to a period of 3 years after review.
All interested candidates will develop their studio briefs in consultation the Course Approval Committee, and with support from the Teaching & Learning Center. Interested candidates are requested to send their resume/ CV along with a short note on their proposed studio problem in the program of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are requested to remain present on 14th Sep or 19th Sep for an introductory presentation on the studio unit framework; RSVP email@example.com
In addition to the above, the PG program in Architectural History and Theory (AHT) in FA is also inviting applications for studio tutors. Interested candidates with professional research experience in Architecture or Design History may write to Dr. Gauri Bharat