This Architecture Ideas Competition is open to students and young professionals (under 40) in areas related to architecture. No professional qualification is required. Design proposals can be developed individually or by teams (4 team members maximum). We also encourage and support the registration of architecture teaching institutions as this competition provides a realistic, compelling and challenging task for students.
All submitted projects should be for a concept design. Winning designs will show a high level of creativity and adherence to all the guidelines of the competition. First, second, and third place cash prizes will be awarded as well as five honourable mentions. Winners will be announced on 15 November 2018.
- Andy Thomson | President of Oriental Bay Residents Association
- Diane Brand | Professor at University of Auckland
- Harris Maragkos | Associate Director of AECOM
- Marc Aurel Schnabel | Professor at Victoria University of Wellington
- Pamela Bell | CEO of Prefab New Zealand