We invite interested parties from a variety of backgrounds to participate and join our workshop to discuss how Immersive Technologies can best contribute Augmenting Cities and Architecture.
Immersive technologies such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) have the potential to augment experiences within cities and the process of designing architecture. However, more work is needed to understand specific applications within these areas and how they can be designed. Therefore, the main aim of the workshop is to discuss and ideate use-cases for creating situated augmented reality (AR) and immersive applications for the purpose of making cities more engaging and to visualise architectural designs.
Topics of Interest:
We welcome researchers and practitioners working on engaging experiences using AR and other immersive technologies such as virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) within the context of enhancing architecture, public spaces and cities. Specific topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- The use of immersive technologies and applications in cities
- Speculative designs, design fictions, and art projects;
- Perspectives from literature
- How immersive technologies and applications interact/enhance existing urban infrastructure/technologies (Public displays, Media facades, Buildings, Town squares, etc)
- Visualising architectural designs in-situ and how such applications should be created
- The effect of immersive technologies on culture and behaviour in cities