CALL FOR PAPERS for the international conference for doctoral students
This international conference is intended for all Czech and international doctoral students on full-time or part-time study programmes in the fields of art history, theology, literature, music, and other cultural and historical disciplines. The aim of the conference is to enable students to present the results of their research so far, to introduce new and current insights based on their work on their dissertation, to compare their methodological approaches, and thus to support their research activities.
The theme of the conference was deliberately chosen so as to include the broadest possible circle of doctoral students from humanities study programmes and to provide sufficient scope for choosing a theme and elaborating it. Papers submitted for the conference can deal with related themes in the fields of theology, history, the visual arts, cultural history, literature, music, and so on. They will be assessed primarily on the correct choice of methodical approach in dealing with the individual theme and the specialist quality of their conception. The emphasis will be placed on publishing completely new findings rather than on compilation work.
Conference languages: Czech, English (interpreting services will be provided)
- The organisers are planning to publish the proceedings of the conference in peer-reviewed form after it has finished.
- The organising committee reserves the right to select papers for publication in a peer-reviewed journal on the basis of expert opinions drawn up by independent experts on the theme in question.
- Languages for publication in the conference proceedings are Czech, English, Italian, and German.
- 16/1/2019: registration for the conference
- 31/1/2019: notification of acceptance at the conference
- 28/2/2019: deadline for handing in papers
- 11/4/2019: conference
Conference fee 20 € has to be paid no later than 20/2/2019. No refunds for cancellation.