Journal of Property Research (JPR) Special Issue
Automated valuation services (AVSs) are used by web-based marketing platforms, tax authorities, banks, and rating agencies to predict values of individual residential properties based on a fitted statistical model and a property’s characteristics. A timely AVS requires continuous access to high-quality transaction data, flexible statistical models, and a technical implementation that keeps the service cost-effective and makes it easy to use.
The Special issue: Automated valuation services should bring together papers that discuss the development, implementation, and operation of AVSs. We invite therefore papers from scholars and real estate professionals who are or have been involved in the development and implementation of an AVS. Practical aspects should feature prominently and papers should cover topics such as:
- data preparation and quality assurance
- model selection
- interface design and user experience
- performance assessment and back-testing
The above list of topics is not exhaustive. Interested authors are encouraged to contact the guest editors with further proposals.
The closing date for submissions is 15th January 2020. Please submit papers directly via the web site of the JPR and indicate clearly that the paper should be considered for the special issue. Please take note of the following requirements:
- the content of the paper must conform to the terms of reference of the JPR
- all papers will be subject to the normal double blind refereeing process undertaken by the JPR
- submitted papers must not be under review by any other journal
- papers must be analytic and rigorous, and not merely descriptive