Tender for the Shenzhen Science and Technology Museum Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development is now open for pre-qualification application. Design teams from home and abroad are welcomed to participate in this competition.
Shenzhen Science Museum was completed and opened to the public in 1987. With the strengthening of Shenzhen's comprehensive strength and rapid population growth, the public's demand for knowledge of science and technology is growing. At the same time, as the speed of technology upgrading is getting faster and faster, the old museum cannot meet the relevant needs. In this context, the Shenzhen Municipal Party Committee and Shenzhen Government intend to invest and build a new Shenzhen Science and Technology Museum with high standards as one of the landmark projects for the future urban development of Shenzhen.
Shenzhen Science and Technology Museum is listed as one of the “New Top Ten Cultural Facilities” in Shenzhen. It will be transformed into a world-class public welfare science center, representing the city's image and stand for Shenzhen's urban grade, highlighting Shenzhen's technology and innovative development.
Overview: The project site is in Guangming CBD, Shenzhen, China. Located next to Guangqiao Road and Cuihu Station (temporary name) of metro line 6, the site covers an area of about 66000 sq.m.
- Total Land Area: 66000 ㎡
- Total Floor Area: 105,000 ㎡
- Floor Area Ratio ≤ 1.24 (tentative)
- Building Density ≤ 50%
- Green Coverage Ratio ≥ 30%
- Building Height: ≤ 60 m
Programming: The museum mainly has 7 functional areas, including science and technology exhibition area, science and technology theater area, educational activity area, science and technology communication center, public service area, business management area, outdoor science square area. The total floor area is 105,000 ㎡, for which 81,500㎡are above the ground while 23,500㎡are under the ground. (It can be adjusted as the design ideas).
- March 25th 2019, Pre-qualification Document Release
- April 1st 2019, by 17:00, Query Deadline
- April 15th 2019, by 17:00, Due date of pre-qualification application documents submission
- April 16th 2019 – April 29th 2019, Pre-qualification review meeting and result announcing
- May 6th 2019, Bidding Tender Document and Detailed Design Brief release
- May 13th 2019(tentative), Site survey and Q&A session
- June 26th 2019, by 15:00, Bidders to submit deliverable
- This public tender is open to all. Domestic and overseas design companies or organizations with legal business registration may apply for participation.
- Joint groups are permitted. Individual applications or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
- Design Fee and Bonus
Total design fee is tentatively priced at 26.49 million RMB, of which the unit price of basic design fee is up to 218 RMB/square meter, add to a total of 22.89 million RMB; and design bonus of 3.6 million RMB (shall be paid to shortlisted but not-winning bidders by the winner, including tax paid by the winning bidder and unsuccessful bidders).
Among the 5 shortlisted bidders who pass the pre-qualification stage:
- The final winner will be given the design contract;
- 2nd and 3rd place shall be compensated at 1.2 million RMB each;
- 4th and 5th places shall be compensated at 600,000 RMB each.