The Réseau Art Nouveau Network, a European network for the study, protection and enhancement of the Art Nouveau heritage, is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
On this occasion, Urban.brussels and the RANN organise an international symposium which will take place in Brussels on 29 and 30 November 2019, in partnership with the Horta Museum and the CIVA on the theme: “The interiors of Art nouveau period : analyse, restore, make accessible”.
The research and progress of our knowledge of Art Nouveau has always been one of RANN’s primary objectives. If Art Nouveau is accessible to everyone in the street itself and while the Art Nouveau facades are the ornament of many European cities, the interiors arouse both from the academic world as from the general public many questions related to their accessibility, to their knowledge, to the refined restorations that they require.
This topic of interiors has not yet been scientifically exploited transversally in Europe; the aim of this symposium is to bring about a confrontation on research practices, understanding, conservation and enhancement of Art Nouveau interiors, in order to identify new research perspectives.
Four themes will be addressed:
- KNOW. Current status: sources and new approaches
- UNDERSTAND. Architectural fittings and decorative sets
- RESTORE. Approaches, techniques and new resources
- LIVE AND OPEN. Accessibility and contemporary issues
Candidates are invited to send by email to [email protected] by 16 June 2019 in
French or in English:
- CV, including contact details of the candidate (e-mail address, phone) and possible bibliography of articles or books already published
- An abstract / summary of the communication (maximum 300 words)