The TRANSFER Architecture Video Award is an independent award, to be launched in 2019, to recognise the most creative and innovative short films in the field of architecture, city and landscape worldwide.
Video is becoming increasingly instrumental in analysing architecture and the human environment, and is directly related to the digital networks that underpin contemporary communication.
With the TRANSFER Architecture Video Award, we aim to highlight the contributions that best represent new means of knowledge and analysis of architecture using video as a support.
Criteria: The main criteria are the short film’s contribution to exploring innovative ways of analysing and experiencing architecture, city and landscape, the relevance of the topic and its social impact, and a high standard of production.
Short films must have a maximum duration of 5 minutes and must have been produced within the past four years (2015-2019).
Participants: The award is global in scope and open to filmmakers, architects, artists, photographers or any individual or group whose video work is related with architecture, city or landscape.
Award: The Award winner and honourable mentions will receive a TRANSFER Architecture Video Award 2019 certificate. They will be published on the TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform and be presented in a public event in November 2019.
- The international jury is made up of:
- George Arbid, Director, Arab Center for Architecture
- José Juan Barba, Editor-in-chief, Metalocus
- Ila Bêka & Louise Lemoine, Artists and Filmmakers
- Ciro Najle, Dean, School of Architecture and Urban Studies, Torcuato di Tella University
- Nader Tehrani, Dean, Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture, Cooper Union
- Erwin Viray, Head Pillar, Architecture & Sustainable Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Isabel Concheiro, Editor-in-chief, TRANSFER
- Helen van Vemde, Founder, Sotto Voce Fondation
Calendar: Call for submissions: 1 April 2019 Deadline for submissions: 1 July 2019 Announcement of the finalist videos: October 2019 Jury’s verdict: November 2019
Submission: Entries will be submitted exclusively online. Submission documents: original short film full HD 1920x1080px, title and description, author’s contact details.
- By submitting the documentation required to take part in the award, the participants in the award accept and declare, under their own responsibility, that they are the exclusive owners of the copyright to the videos presented. The participants warrant and undertake that they have obtained all relevant rights, including image permissions, commercial music with licensing approval by the artist or the artists distributer or label, and written permission from every individual featured in the video. The participants authorise TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform to utilize and publish the submitted materials, in part or in full, on the TRANSFER website as well as for promotional and advertising purposes in any other media, provided the video credits are mentioned.
- It is expressly understood that no compensation for such authorization as well as use and publication of the submitted material is provided, and, therefore, that the participants will have nothing to claim for any reason, including copyrights, as well as for any use that TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform will be able to make of the above-mentioned documentation; the participants promise to indemnify TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform against all disputes, claims, or judgments regarding the contents of the projects utilized and disseminated by means of the publications indicated in the previous paragraph.
- The Jury’s verdict shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding it.
- TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform reserves the right to modify the conditions of this Award at any moment for the best outcome.
- Swiss law is applicable. Jurisdiction is Zurich.