The 2005 Far Eastern International Digital Architectural Design Award
2005 FEIDAD Award
The Far Eastern Memorial Foundation, Taiwan
Graduate Institute of Architecture, NCTU, Taiwan
The committee for the 2005 Far Eastern International Digital Architectural Design Award (The 2005 FEIDAD Award) has created this award to encourage the exploration and definition of architectural design in the digital electronic age.
Outstanding Award: 20,000 US dollars, a certificate and a trophy.
Design Merit Award (four awarded): 2,000 US dollars, a certificate and a trophy for each recipient.
All award winners will be invited to attend the FEIDAD ceremony in Taipei.
The committee will invite the top 50 projects to be included in the FEIDAD yearbook, which is published by prestigious magazines and publishers. For further information, please refer to the FEIDAD 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 yearbooks published by Birkhauser.
Qualifications for entry
The Outstanding Award and Design Merit Awards are open to architects, designers, and architectural and design students worldwide. Participants will submit a design project (only one project per entrant); The projects should explore digital concepts such as computing, information, electronic media, hyper, virtual, and cyberspace in order to help define and discuss future spaces and architecture in the digital age.
Registration and Submission
Participants must submit their design proposal as web pages accessible by Internet browsers and must register via the Internet by December 31st, 2005.
The proposal as web pages should include the following:
- a title page including the design topic and the name(s) of participant(s),
- a description of the site location (or the criteria if there is no site included),
- design concepts and programs,
- design presentations such as, but not limited to, plans, elevations, sections, render images, animations and all other visual representations.
The official language of this award is English. All texts in the on-line registration and web-page submission should be in English.
1. Members of the First-stage Jury will review submitted works via the Internet.
2. Thirty (30) entrants will be selected for the second review.
1. Members of the Second-stage Jury will review the 30 selected entries via the Internet.
2. Ten (10) entrants will be selected for the final review.
1. Members of the Final-stage Jury will review the 10 selected entries via the Internet.
2. The recipient of the Outstanding Award and the recipients of the four Merit Awards will be determined.
October 1, 2005 to December 31, 2005: Registration and web-page submission.
January 31, 2006: Announcement of the 30 entrants for the second review.
February 28, 2006: Announcement of the 10 entrants for the final review.
March 31, 2006: Announcement of the recipient Outstanding Award and 4 Merit Awards.