We invite proposal submissions for the
CAADRIA 2009 POSTGRADUATE STUDENT CONSORTIUM
The Consortium provides postgraduate students with an opportunity to
their study with other students and researchers. The CAADRIA Postgraduate
Student Consortium continues CAADRIA's commitment to support young
The Consortium will be held within special time slots during the
Students will give a presentation providing an overview of their work and
results to date. Student participants will have the chance to discuss
research in an informal session with peers and experienced academics in a
friendly and supportive environment. Presenting at the Consortium holds
benefits for students both at the beginning of their work, who are
feedback on their work so far, as well as those concluding their work
think of their presentation as a rehearsal for later examinations.
Aims and Benefits
1. Provide a supportive setting for feedback on students'
current research and
guidance on future research directions.
2. Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their
faculty and students outside their own institution.
3. Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars
and a spirit
of collaborative research.
4. Contribute to the conference by fostering interaction with
and conference events.
5. To network with colleagues of similar background or interests.
APPLYING TO THE CAADRIA POSTGRADUATE STUDENT CONSORTIUM
Submissions are invited from current postgraduate students who would
from detailed workshop discussions of their research by a panel of
researchers. Applications should be made online and should consist of:
1. an two-page extended abstract or full paper(see below)
2. a curriculum vitae (attached to the end of the paper)
Extended Abstract OR FULL PAPER
Submit a two-page extended abstract or a full paper of your thesis work,
including: title, author information, abstract, keywords, thesis research
summary, and references. Abstracts and full papers should follow the
formatting guidelines. This extended abstract or full paper, if
the Consortium, will be the base of the discussion at the Consortium
be open for attendance to all conference delegates. The extended abstract
should clearly specify:
1. problem(s) that the research is addressing
2. research question(s) you are trying to answer
3. proposed solution(s) and methodology
4. expected contribution(s)
5. current status, and of a tentative plan for future work.
1. Originality of the work with respect to current concepts and
2. Importance of the work with respect to fundamental issues and
3. Rigor and validity of claims, argumentation,methodology,
4. Clarity and persuasiveness of expression.
Entries to the consortium will be selected by the CAADRIA 2009
Student Consortium Chairs in conjunction with the CAADRIA 2009 Paper
At the conference, participants will present their work in a short
presentation of no more than 10 minutes. This presentation, together
extended abstracts or full papers, will form the basis of further
20/02/2009 Extended abstract or full paper submission deadline
28/02/2009 Notification of acceptance
07/03/2009 Finalized manuscript submission deadline