International Multidisciplinary Urban Design Competition
- The Ville de Montréal is launching an international multidisciplinary urban design competition for the development of Place de l’Avenue McGill College.
- This public square will be created by pedestrianizing Avenue McGill College over its full length, comprising four sections, from Rue Cathcart to Rue Sherbrooke Ouest.
The aim of the competition is to select a spatial design concept for the entirety of Place de l’Avenue McGill College. The concept must meet and even surpass the City’s expectations regarding the challenges posed by the Project that is the subject of the competition, and which are described in the Competition Program. At the end of the competition, the jury will select and recommend a winner and, subject to approval by the relevant municipal authorities, the City will award the winner a contract to provide the professional services required to complete the project.
Those professional services include:
- For Phases 1 and 2, finalization of the overall design and construction plan;
- For Phase 1 (between Rue Cathcart and Boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest), finalizing the design, preparing the plans and estimates, and providing technical assistance during the construction work for the surface redesign and upgrading of underground infrastructures; and
- For Phase 2 (between Boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest and Rue Sherbrooke Ouest), providing guidance to the City on the detailed design and implementation.
The construction budget for design and construction plus underground infrastructures for Phase 1 of the Project (between Rue Cathcart and Boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest) is $16,120,110 excluding taxes, inflation as well as the design and construction provision amounts.
For information purposes, and to enable the competitors and finalists to develop an overall concept encompassing the four sections of the avenue, the construction budget for design and construction plus underground infrastructures for Phase 2 (between Boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest and Rue Sherbrooke Ouest) is $13,749,733 excluding taxes, inflation as well as the design and construction provision amounts.