This is a call for proposals to be included in the Annual Design Research Conference for 2018 (ADR18). The Conference is devoted to design research in built environment fields (architecture, landscape, interior, and urban design), it will consist of plenary sessions and a curated exhibition for design works.
ADR18 will be held at the Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning at the University of Sydney, in association with the Tin Sheds Gallery on 27-28 September 2018. Our Keynote speakers at this conference will be Momoyo Kaijima from Atelier Bow-wow and Leon van Schaik AO from RMIT. ADR19 will be held at Monash University MADA Department of Architecture, and subsequent years will be held by various partnering universities.
Proposals to present design research at ADR18 are welcomed from academics, researchers, students and practitioners. Proposals can relate to any topic within built environment design research under the heading of “Open Session”. Alternatively, submissions may respond to one or more indicative thematic sessions of ADR18, including (but not limited to): Industry and Applied Design Research; Scholarship and Theory of Design Research; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Design Research; Digital and Automated Fabrication Design Research; Computational Design; Design Research Education; and, Critical Design Practice.
Initial proposals for plenary session papers should take the form of a 300 word abstract; and proposed works for the curated exhibition: a 300 word statement of research significance and 2 images of work to be exhibited (with indication of medium/dimensions of work and image credits). Please note: images may be used for publicity purposes; it will be the exhibitor’s responsibility to create the exhibited works and transport the exhibited items to and from the University of Sydney.
All proposals will be blind peer-reviewed, and if successful invited for inclusion in ADR18 and accompanying handbook. A final selection of exemplary texts and graphic materials from the conference will be reviewed and invited for inclusion in an edited academic publication.
- Call for Proposals Released: 21 December 2017
- Initial Proposals Deadline (300 words & images): 16 February 2018
- Initial Proposals Feedback / Acceptance: 16 March 2018
- Full Paper Due (max 3,500 words) 15 May 2018
- Full Paper Feedback: 15 June 2018
- Presenters Registration Deadline 13 July 2018
- Items for Exhibition received 13 August 2018
- Exhibition Bump in 21 September 2018
- ADR18 University of Sydney 27-28 September 2018
- Revised Material for Publication due 1 December 2018
- Publication Released Before ADR19 - September 2019
ADR18 is convened by the Architectural Design Research Group at the University of Sydney’s School of Architecture Design and Planning.
- Director: Professor Mathew Aitchison
- Co-ordinator: Dr Sarah Breen Lovett.
Please submit your Proposals to : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adr18
Please email inquiries to sarah.breenlovett at sydney.edu.au