The aim of the conference is to bring together academics and researchers from all areas of Architecture. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to):
- Individual buildings and building types
- History of architecture and the built environment
- Architectural theory
- Developments in construction
- Town planning
- Allied arts such as painting and sculpture
- Social Research examines the people who inhabit and use the spaces of architecture
- Technological Research studies the physical materials, methods, elements, systems, and science of architecture and the design and construction processes
- Environmental Research investigates the physical context of architecture, opening timely questions about the influence of society on environment
- Cultural Research studies place-making and the norms of the inhabitants of natural and built places past, present, and future
- Organizational Research examines the ways in which individuals and teams collaborate in the practice of architecture and in the client organizations
- Design Research considers the processes of shaping and making of places
- Educational Research examines the pedagogies of architecture and related fields
You may participate as stream organizer, presenter of one paper, chair a session or observer.
Please submit an abstract (email only) to: [email protected], using the abstract submission form by the 2 December 2019 to: Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analysis, ATINER and Professor & Dean Emeritus, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA or Dr. Clara Germana Gonçalves, Head, Architecture Unit, ATINER & Researcher, CITAD (Centro de Investigação em Território, Arquitectura e Design), Lusíada University and Associate Professor, ISMAT (Instituto Superior Manuel Teixeira Gomes), Portugal.. Please include: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Current Position, Institutional Affiliation, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission.
If your submission is accepted, you will receive information on registration deadlines and paper submission requirements. If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. lead a stream, chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, UK([email protected]).
The association was established in 1995 as an independent world association of Academics and Researchers. Its mission is to act as a forum where Academics and Researchers from all over the world can meet in Athens, in order to exchange ideas on their research, and to discuss future developments in their disciplines.
The organizing and hosting of International Conferences and Symposiums, the carrying out of Research, and the production of Publications are the basic activities of ATINER. Since 1995, ATINER has organized more than 400 International Conferences and other events, and has published close to 200 books. In 2012, the Association launched a series of conference paper publications (click here), and at the beginning of 2014, it introduced its own series of Journals (click here).
Academically, the Association is organized into 6 Divisions, 37 Units and 6 Centers. Each Unit organizes at least an Annual International Conference, and may also undertake various small and large research projects.
Academics and Researchers are more than welcome to become members and to contribute to ATINER’s objectives. If you would like to become a member, please download the relevant form (membership form). For more information on how to become a member, please send an email to: [email protected].