Police complaint about illegal boring, etc, for illegal schemes “requiring” illegal evictions, requesting that police force for demolition be provided only against personal responsibility for legality by concerned officers
SHO, Vasant Kunj
Sub: Illegal constructions / demolitions with ground water / earthquake implications
Sir, In view of CGWA notification under Environmental Protection Act and Master Plan provisions under Delhi Development Act, the following (drawing or likely to draw ground water and make subterranean interferences that can increase earthquake risk) are illegal, as are demolitions ‘needed’ for them, especially since National Common Minimum Programme says ‘slum demolitions will be stopped’:
- Work, inclusive of tube-wells, in 56 hectare near Sultangarhi (Master Plan Green Belt) ordered stopped and inquired into in WP 4978/2002.
- Boundary and bore-well (without mandatory board) across the road from park site between B9 (extn) and B5&6, germane to WP 5007&5009/2002.
- Hospital / Liver Institute (and other development) behind D2 (Master Plan Green Belt) on which work had stopped but has resumed, included in WP 8523/2003
- Boring, boundary wall, etc, west of Nelson Mandela Marg in name of ‘biodiversity park’ (on land for housing and district park in Master Plan), also in WP 8523/2003
These ‘projects’ were mostly launched at ‘political’ initiative before CBI caught ‘DDA scam’. In view of change in government and National Common Minimum Program, you are requested to kindly ascertain apropos these (and similar) illegalities:
- details of ground water withdrawal for them and if the same has CGWA clearance
- (from their work orders, etc) particulars of individual officials, etc, responsible
- in case of demolitions ‘needed’ for them that:
- requisition for force has been renewed after NCMP adoption on 27.05.04
- a competent official takes personal responsibility for demolition despite NCMP and matters pending in courts
You are further requested to provide at the earliest action-taken report on this complaint, since it is desired to bring violations of law to attention of court, violations of NCMP to attention of NAC and ‘encroachment’ by government to attention of CVC.
Gita Dewan Verma / Planner
Kindly treat as URGENT apropos #3 above w.r.t. proposed / rumoured demolition in Lalkhet today