DMRC tender notice for 15 Ha on riverbed Ref: WP 6500/2005 (Gita Dewan Verma v/s DMRC Ltd & Ors)
Hon'ble Lieutenant Governor / DDA Chairman
Sub: Tender notice published by DMRC Ltd in ToI, 15/07/05, p.4
Ref: WP 6500/20051(Gita Dewan Verma v/s DMRC Ltd & Ors)
Reproduced below is the text of the above-mentioned tender, apropos which it is submitted:
- The site on offer is subject of the petition under reference in which respondents (DMRC, GNCTD, GoI-MoUD, DDA) have not filed replies on Orders of 13/04/052 and 23/05/053.
- The use proposed is neither Master Plan use nor mentioned in Public Notices that are subject of the petition and, therefore, unauthorised and covered by Order of 03/03/03.
- DMRC Ltd cannot license for 15-years ‘15 hectares, not presently utilised’, after having moved Court in December 2004 for encroachment removal for urgent public utility work.
- Details (‘high quality green space’, annual turnover of 1 cr, etc) are vague and arbitrary, and also call for reasons for rejection of suggestions for community-controlled agro-based eco-visitation for appropriate sustainable riverbed greening, filed as responses to IT Park Public Notice whose notification of 25/04/05 was produced in court on 23/05/05.
I seek directions for withdrawal of this tender forthwith (with information to me) and for filing of counter-affidavits in my writ petition.
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner
B.Arch (SPA, gold medalist); M.Planning (SPA, gold medalist); PG Dip-Research (IHS-Rotterdam, top rank); Dip-Training (DoPT)
Formerly: Senior Fellow (HUDCO-HSMI), Visiting Faculty (SPA, TVB SHS), Consultant (DfID, IHSP, Nuffic, UNICEF, etc)
Currently: Independent researcher / writer and consultant to citizens’ groups on MPISG and enterprises on AZPlan synergy platforms
cc: for information:
- (wrt tender notice) Chief Urban Planner, Property Development Division, DMRC Ltd
- (wrt Lok Sabha Standing Committee hearing on 30/05/05 and communications apropos riverbed / metro property development) Commissioner (Planning) DDA and JS MoUD (Delhi Division)
- (wrt DMP2021 Public Notice responses) MPISG and AZPlan-T
DELHI METRO RAIL PROJECT
Entertainment / Recreational Facility at Shastri Park
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, a joint venture company of GOI and GNCTD, is implementing the Phase-I of Delhi MRTS project. The first line from Shahdara to Rithala and the underground section between Vishwa Vidyalaya to Central Secretariat are operational.
Opposite Shastri Park MRTS Station on Line-1 an area of about 15 hectares, not presently utilised for the project, is proposed to be licensed out for development of high quality green space along with recreational and outdoor facilities. No permanent structures are permissible under this scheme.
Developers with a track record of developing and operating at least one similar facility for a minimum period of two years and having a turnover of Rs 1 crore per annum need apply only.
Application form and terms and conditions may be collected from the address given below on payment of a non refundable amount of Rs 5000/- (Rupees five thousand only) vide demand draft drawn on any scheduled commercial bank in favour of “DMRC Ltd”.
The applications received will be evaluated technically and financially and the party submitting the best offer would be granted the license to set up and operate temporary recreational park / recreational facility for a period of 15 years.
Sale of tender application forms: From 18th of July, 2005 to 1st of August 2005 upto 15.00 hrs (During office hours and on working days only)
Last date of submission of tender: 1st of August, 2005 15:30 Hrs. Opening of tenders in the presence of applicants will be on same day at 16.00 Hrs.
Chief Urban Planner, Property Development Division, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., NBCC Place, Bhishmah Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi – 110003, Ph:24363593please
visit our website: www.delhimetrorail.com
DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION LTD
(A Joint Venture of Government of India and Govt. of Delhi)
- 1. Writ Petition (Civil) No 6500 of 2005
Gita Dewan Verma v/s DMRC & Ors, in the matter of Metro Property Development, including on the Riverbed
- 2. source: http://mail.architexturez.net/pipermail/mpisgmedia/2005-April/000309.html
- 3. source: http://mail.architexturez.net/pipermail/mpisgmedia/2005-May/000356.html