Land Acquisition Collector (NW)
Office of Deputy Commissioner (NW),
Village Kanjhawala, Delhi – 110081
Sub: Notifications N.F.11(81)/2000/L&B/LA/1317 and N.F.11(81)/2000/L&B/LA/1378 dt. 30.4.2003 appearing in the Hindustan Times (p.7) on 07.05.2003
Ref: Objection in response to Public Notice No. F 11(24)/ 98/ LBD/ LA/ 19349, dated 4/3/2003 in Hindustan, 07.03.2003, p.7 (vide letters dt.10, 23 and 30.03.2003, enclosed)
Notification N.F.11(81)/2000/L&B/LA/1317 under reference directs yourself to take orders for acquisition of 267 bigha 03 biswa in Savda and 943 bigha 18 biswa in Ghevra notified u/s 4 of L.A. Act vide a notification dated 6.2.2003 for government acquisition for Rehabilitation of J.J.Clusters.
Notification N.F.11(81)/2000/L&B/LA/1378 directs you to take possession of the said land on expiration of 15 days of publication of the notice.
This is to point out that the notification of 6.2.2003 u/s 4 of L.A.Act is:
- (a) violative of the Master Plan, which provides for the poor integration in all residential development through provision of reasonable standard cheap plots to extent of 25% in all residential clusters of 1 lakh population and not resettlement in city outskirts in sub-standard plots of 12 or 18 sqm as being done of late despite the fact that the Plan specifically cautions against such development
- (b) in contempt of the November order of the Hon’ble High Court against which the Supreme Court had also provided no interim relief till the date of notification.
- (c) in contempt of Public Notice process in view of pendency of hearing of objections filed in response to Public Notice for similar ‘public purpose’ public land acquisition (please see letters enclosed).
You are requested to kindly:
- (1) reply to my letters of 10, 23 and 30.03.2003 or at least let me know the status of the public land acquisition to which I had objected through them
- (2) clarify for further correspondence, etc, which agency has sought that as well as this public land acquisition for use in violation of the Master Plan and in contempt of court.
If it is necessary to apply for the above information under the Right to Information Act, kindly let me know the place nearest to the above address where I can file an application.
Gita Dewan Verma
B.Arch (SPA, gold medalist); M.Planning (SPA, gold medalist); PG Dip-Research (IHS-Rotterdam, top rank); Dip-Training (DoPT)
Formerly: Senior Fellow (HUDCO-HSMI), Visiting Faculty (SPA, TVB SHS), Consultant (DfID, IHSP, Nuffic, UNICEF, etc)
Currently: Independent planning researcher and writer and planning consultant to citizens’ groups
cc: (with request for reply)
- Sh H.D.Mahi, Dy.Secretary (LA), L&B Department, GoNCTD, Vikas Bhawan, New Delhi (signatory of notifications appearing in Hindustan Times dt.07.05.2003)
- Secretary MoUD (in continuation of letters of 10 and 23.03.2003 under reference)
- Vice Chairman DDA (in case land acquisition has been sought by DDA)
- Commissioner MCD (in case land acquisition has been sought by MCD)